Tuesday, November 29, 2011

how I knew I was ready to say "yes" to Seth

(Please indulge me as I write about a moment I'm a little proud of...)

One afternoon, when Seth and I were only dating, I met my mom at Chili's for lunch (her treat, as always :) ). While we were waiting for our food, our server brought a strawberry lemonade to our table--though we hadn't ordered one. There was a note that came with the drink: 

I hope you like strawberry lemonade. Obviously, I think you're cute, but do we mesh? Let's find out. 801-###-####.

Did that really just happen to me?? In real life? OMG! My mom and I burst out in giggles and took some sips. She noticed a guy, who had to have been the one who sent the drink, looking over at our table and told me he was super cute. Of course I was completely flattered...but I was surprised that I wasn't even a little interested!  I mean, I was dating Seth Devey. (My stomach fluttered even just typing that!) When not even strawberry lemonade from a cute guy could tempt me, that's when I knew for sure that I already had exactly what I wanted.

2 comments:

  1. Indulge away Nik! My current favorite indulge moment was when I was pregnant (go figure, right?) I went to Brandon's work to pick him up, and (no surprise) had to go to the bathroom. Apparently as I was walking through the cubicle maze to the bathroom one of Brandon's coworkers saw me. The next day he asked Brandon if I was his wife, and when Brandon said yes he said, "Seriously? She's hot. Nice job." :)

    We all need these little boosts of self confidence :)

    [Tangent]Also, one time Ryley (Kayla's brother) was out at FroYo with his wife, and a girl came over to them, passed him her number and said, "If your current situation doesn't work out, call me." - in front of his wife!!! So funny.

    Have fun in OR!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great story. Of course, you are so cute, I assumed that happened to you on a daily basis :) But I'm glad you found your man!

    ReplyDelete