Thursday, March 22, 2012

what I've learned from knocking doors

(After this one, I promise I'm done reflecting on my job!)

1) Charity is not easily provoked (1 Corinthians 13:5). I can't let myself get bugged by people who are mean or ignorant. That's not being charitable.

2) Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me (Matthew 25:40). I've experienced several people answering literally the question, "When saw we thee . . . thirsty, and gave thee drink?" (Matthew 25:37) by offering me a drink of water on especially hot days last summer. It shouldn't have been so eye-opening to me, but it was significant to me to see how someone can live the gospel so simply and naturally.

1 comment:

  1. I like your reflections on work. And I like anyone using the word reflecting ;) Being not easily provoked is definitely one of the things I need to work on in life!

    ReplyDelete