Thursday, September 6, 2012

volleyball

My mom got us a volleyball set for Christmas, but the volleyball that came with it wasn't very great, so I kept my eye out at garage sales this summer to find a different one. I was so excited when I finally found one, but when I brought it home to show Seth, he informed me,

"That's a soccer ball, dear."

(I'm definitely known to be absent-minded, but in my defense, the ball was all white; if it had been black and white like a regular soccer ball, I'm pretty confident I would have recognized it :) )



5 comments:

  1. Haha, I had to go look up what a volleyball looks like. I thought it had strips instead of hexagons but I wasn't sure... That's too funny. If you don't play soccer (and I'm guessing you don't if you thought it was a volleyball), maybe Chelsea's girls would like playing with it. Beth loves to play with Matt's soccer ball.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I just noticed you're reading Three Cups of Tea. I read that book and loved it, but just a few weeks ago my mom told me that Greg Mortenson is a crook. Apparently he has exaggerated many of his stories and much of the money that has gone to his foundation is not accounted for. I think 60 Minutes has a report on it on YouTube. It kind of rocked my world...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is awesome! I totally laughed before I got to punchline because I could see from the pic where this was going.

    Also, about Three Cups of Tea. I read a lot of the news releases and CAI responses when the allegations first broke. In my opinion, Greg Mortenson is a guy who made a lot of mistakes, which I think are being corrected to some extent, but he is no black-hearted villain. I think Three Cups of Tea is still a worthwhile read; it just should be approached as something between nonfiction and memoir, and he, like anyone else, should not be put on an unrealistically high pedestal. One of the primary people throwing allegations at him, Jon Krakauer, is not exactly known for rigorous research and footnoting of his sources... I think the truth is somewhere in between their stories.

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha...I can't stop laughing. Nikki, I love you!

    ReplyDelete