Sunday, February 26, 2012

primary


What it's like so far being in the primary presidency:

-On my first day, a little girl introduced herself to me and said, "I'm in first grade. What grade are you in?"

-Last week, a five-year-old was assigned to share a scripture for opening exercises. He wanted to do it by himself. This is what he came up with: "Jesus and Heavenly Father were going to the boat. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen."

-When I meet new kids in primary, I often forget to tell them my name is Sister Devey. Some of them know me as Nikki. Oops.

2 comments:

  1. I'm still having a hard time with the Sister Call thing. I think I just want them to call me Lindsay, but it seems so forbidden, you know?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would LOVE to hear more about your primary experiences. Working in primary seems so intimidating. I feel bad about saying it b/c so many people feel the "true" or "purest" spirit at church is found in the primary. But I am afraid I would get really annoyed with someone else's kid. Am I a church grinch?

    I love the children's quotes btw. You make it sound great!

    ReplyDelete