Thursday, January 10, 2013

one time at the DMV

I had been waiting for 2 hours to register my car in California, and I started talking with the woman waiting next to me. We talked about movies and books and grumbled about how long the lines were. As the numbers being called got higher and higher, closer to ours, we were getting ridiculously excited, letting out audible squeals with each number called. When my number was finally called, the enthusiasm burst out of me. I jumped up, turned around to the many people seated behind me still awaiting their turn, and exclaimed,

"I did it! And you all can, too!"

Everyone laughed and probably thought I was an idiot, of course. At least it made a good blog post.

3 comments:

  1. That's what I call making lemonade out of a lemon experience. Plus you were able to cheer up those who surely felt the same way you did. You're awesome Nikki and always a blessing to have around !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU DIDN'T COME TO BOSTON! I am so disappointed. On the other hand I am also so excited for your new adventure in CA. I hope you like it. Is it permanent or temporary? Your apartment is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sure you made everyone's day!!

    ReplyDelete