Sunday, January 20, 2013

what it's like in Modesto

things I like:

our new friends (all two of them)

teaching Sunday School to the 12- and 13-year-olds (they are super fun and none of them are punks)

eating out on the company a lot (three times a week, usually)

Seth's company car (with company gas)

having carpet (it's more cozy)

things I don't like:

that Little Caesar's isn't quite as delicious (and that it's $5.99, not $5)

being one of only two couples in our ward without kids (as opposed to, like, ten in our old ward)

people littering a lot (they just throw stuff out of their car windows, and then when I stare at them wide-eyed and shake my head at them, they throw more)

living in an apartment (the novelty has worn off)

our neighbors downstairs yelling at each other all. the. time. (even the kids)




2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you get to teach the 12 and 13 year olds - they're the reason I wanted to teach middle school not high school. And yelling neighbors is the worst!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 5.99?! That's robbery! How can they do that? I definitely wouldn't stand for it; just explain to your local Little Caesars that in Utah, you grew accustomed to a certain level of comfort and you aren't willing to give that up. Fight it, Nikki!

    ReplyDelete